Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Future of Ashes! (excerpt from story idea)

The date is January 1st, 2013. It's New Years, but the sky is the only thing that's new. Where once stood factories now...there is only ash. Looking out the cave where I have spent most of my last couple weeks I can see barren lands, smoke...death, lots of death. I wonder if I'm the only one here anymore. If I'm the only one who can call myself human. Sure, I've seen other beings...but they've gone cold. Their eyes gone bloodshot. Their minds?...Just gone.
As I continue to stare out of my solitary cave I see movement. The first movement I've seen in days. The ashes moving restlessly, and out of the ashes they were born! Demons climbing out of the ashes! Their red eyes and claws searching out something to eat, and as I stand their watching I realized....This was my future I was watching... My future; the future of Ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment