Sunday, February 9, 2014

grr

So I'm just going to take a second vent about something that someone said that's been bothering me.

So someone commented the other day (not saying whom this someone is) they were afraid that I would marry the first guy I ever dated.

Now this bothered me because, though I know they say it because that's what my brother did, but it makes me feel like they don't think I can really think for myself. Everyone knows how independent I am, heck I've had to be that way. It's not like I haven't wanted to have a boyfriend. I'm not going to marry the guy just because I let him get into my pants, it's not the 18th century. It's not like I've thought of becoming desperate and locking myself away. I've cried so many times just wondering what was so wrong with me that I cant get a boyfriend. I've watched my friends dance with guys at proms with me sitting on the sidelines hoping they don't see me cry. I've cried myself to sleep totally convinced I was ugly. It's not like I want it to be that way. I cant prove you wrong because for whatever reason I cant seem to get a boyfriend to start with.

And if I do end up marrying my first boyfriend then that's really my business. Trust my judgment because it would be my decision, and my life. It's not like I would be forcing you to marry the guy.

So that's that. That's my long venting session over with. I'm going to go spend some time with my nephew now.

No comments:

Post a Comment